miércoles, 23 de octubre de 2013

Allen Ginsberg: extracto de "America"

America I've given you all and now I'm nothing.
America two dollars and twenty-seven cents January 17, 1956.
I can't stand my own mind.
[...]
Go fuck yourself with your atom bomb
[...]
America why are your libraries full of tears?
[...]
When can I go into the supermarket and buy what I need with my good looks?
[...]
Burroughs is in Tangiers I don't think he'll come back it's sinister.
Are you being sinister or is this some form of practical joke?
[...]
America I used to be a communist when I was a kid and I'm not sorry.
I smoke marijuana every chance I get.
I sit in my house for days on end and stare at the roses in the closet.
[...]
My psychoanalyst thinks I'm perfectly right.
[...]
Are you going to let our emotional life be run by Time Magazine?
[...]
It's always telling me about responsibility. Businessmen are serious. Movie
producers are serious. Everybody's serious but me.
It occurs to me that I am America.
[...]
Asia is rising against me.
[...]
My national resources consist of two joints of marijuana millions of genitals
an unpublishable private literature that goes 1400 miles and hour and
twentyfivethousand mental institutions.
I say nothing about my prisons nor the millions of underpriviliged who live in
my flowerpots under the light of five hundred suns.
[...]
America you don're really want to go to war.
America it's them bad Russians.
[...]
That no good. Ugh. Him makes Indians learn read. Him need big black niggers.
Hah. Her make us all work sixteen hours a day. Help.
[...]
America this is the impression I get from looking in the television set.

No hay comentarios: